the road less traveled - a story i'd read

i figure in a day and time saturated with crappy reality shows, my life is as good as any... here goes.
No Comment Labels: , , , , ,

Thought I would post a semi-brief general update about some goings on. I spent part of the weekend back in Suwon (about an hour and half by subway from my house) I met my uncle (my mom's mom's late-brother's son) and his youngest son and fiance. It was a great meeting, we met up for dinner at a So-Kalbi restaurant (marinated beef short-ribs). The beef from Suwon is legendary and holds the title as some of the best beef in Korea. Afterwards my cousin and his fiance took me to a local bar that he enjoys and we chatted over drinks for a couple of hours. My cousin works for SK Telecom as a Sales Manager and bride-to-be works at a local high school teaching english grammar.

An interesting topic of conversation was the university my cousin graduated from: Korea University. If you will recall my last post, Korea and Yonsei are huge national rivals. I could see that he held on to the rivalry when I mentioned that I had attended the Yon-Ko games recently. He paused and then corrected me, "You mean the Ko-Yon games!" ;)

Regarding my intensive Korean class... it's going well, It is definitely going to be some work. 20 hours a week (four hours a day) is longer than it sounds! I sent an email to ASU requesting to have the credit transfer re-evaluated from 6 credits for the class to 12 credits. My current exchange structure stipulates that I take at least 12 credit hours from Yonsei. Unfortunately, if I really want to excel in this course and attempt to skip level 2, I think it'd be best for me to be able to focus solely on the course. I'll keep you posted.


On the law school front I've just updated my lawschoolnumbers.com account with the recent emails from Columbia, Yale and Harvard. Columbia sent me an email stating that I had forgotten to attache a resume, I have forwarded it to them in .pdf form via email. Yale has my completed application and advised me not to contact them, but that they would contact me when they have reached a decision. I just received an email from Harvard stating that they had my preliminary information from lsac, and would let me know when my application package was complete.

Well that's about it for now... until next time
 

This Post has No Comment

Post a Comment

Older Post Newer Post

Search