the road less traveled - a story i'd read

i figure in a day and time saturated with crappy reality shows, my life is as good as any... here goes.
1 comments Labels: , ,
So recently, I've been noticing that in poor lighting my vision has been a little goofy, and even when I read in "decent" lighting I find myself squinting or straining... The thought of having glasses is a bit weird, since my vision as always been pretty good. The Korean "eyeglass" system is super efficient, and by efficient I mean cheap. I recall about 4 years ago going to get a "check-up" at the local eye doctor and paying something like $70 out of pocket for the eye exam. In Korea, eye exams are free, zero, zilch. And you can find any number of places while walking around that will give you a free eye exam. Glasses, including lenses start around $25 and can obviously shoot up to several hundred if you're one "those" people who need your glasses to have someone else's name who've you never met on them. My friend Hiro just needed lenses so we walked into ALO, he got his eyes examined, 100%UV/Scratch resistant lenses made and paid for in about 25mins. Compare that to the usual week to 2 week wait in the U.S.


Well, I found out that what the eye doctor told me 4 years ago was a "healthy" stigmatism was actually creating some blurriness that I was noticing during lower lighting. My eyes came back at 1.5 (or 20/15 US) for my vision with a slight stigmatism...so I took the plunge and picked up a pair of glasses, which actually make a huge difference. Being the "chill" guy that I am.. Figured I'd pick up some plain jane glasses...
 

This Post has 1 Comment
Jon

2/25/2008 5:18 AM

dude I like the glasses. Now you look even smarter. Is it really as cold there as the thermometer on your site says it is? Snap. Not so cold here.


Post a Comment

Older Post Newer Post

Search