the road less traveled - a story i'd read

i figure in a day and time saturated with crappy reality shows, my life is as good as any... here goes.
No Comment Labels: , , ,

So I came across this story on Breitbart.com headline: "Women 'tricked into suicide blasts" the follow up headline:"Mentally Retarded Women Used in Bombings." So first of all, it's disgusting and leaves me almost speechless. I wish I could put to words the range of emotions that I'm feeling right now. My heart goes out to the families of these women. Let me give you a snippet from the articles:
Two women suicide bombers who have killed nearly 80 people in Baghdad were Down's Syndrome victims exploited by al Qaida.
The explosives were detonated by remote control in a co-ordinated attack after the women walked into separate crowded markets, said the chief Iraqi military spokesman in Baghdad General Qassim al-Moussawi.

Police said the woman wearing the bomb sold cream in the mornings at the market and was known to locals as "the crazy lady."

... the use of the handicapped in suicide bombings is not unprecedented in Iraq. In January 2005, Iraq's interior minister said insurgents used a disabled child in a suicide attack on election day. Police at the scene of the bombing said the child appeared to have Down syndrome.

Yes, I'm upset and angry at the terrorists who engage in such atrocious acts, but for some reason, at this very moment, I can't stop thinking about the idiots who try to compare "us" to the terrorists. The people who call the terrorists "freedom fighters" just like those in the American revolution. You tell me the last time you ran across a story in a history book about American revolutionaries using mentally retarded people to blow themselves up... Damn it!
 

This Post has No Comment

Post a Comment

Older Post Newer Post

Search