the road less traveled - a story i'd read

i figure in a day and time saturated with crappy reality shows, my life is as good as any... here goes.
1 comments Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,
A lot has been going on since I last put thoughts to keyboard, here are some in no particular order:

1) I was inspired by a blog about eating dark chocolate
I'm a fan of chocolate, dark chocolate to be specific. And to be more specific, the 72% variety. So when my good friend blogged about the nuances of enjoying a piece of dark chocolate, I must say I was inspired.

2) Sent in my letter of acceptance to Duke Law School

3) Applied for a tourist visa to China
Do you know that a tourist visa costs over $130 for an American to get a visa!?!?!? Highway robbery I tell you! Anyways, I also secured the hotel for my trip, the Westin Beijing Financial Center. Looks pretty cool, it should be fun, except neither my friend or I can speak any Chinese, but I suppose if we did it wouldn't be as adventurous right?

4) Finished reading "Blue Like Jazz," "Rules for Revolutionaries," and "I Isaac Take Thee Rebeka"
So I tried reading Blue Like Jazz once before and couldn't get past the first couple of chapters. I'm not quite sure the reason, but I really disliked the book. I mean, really, really disliked it! Anyways, so I thought I'd give it another shot and I must say that in the couple of days it took me to read it, I fell in love with Donald Miller... Well not with him, but with his writing style and the book. If you've ever wondered what becoming a Christian is like from a non-christian's point of view is, or if you've never considered yourself a Christian, or if you sometimes find yourself wondering if after death comes an eternity filled with pools of vanilla wafer pudding... (don't know why I threw that last one in there?) This book is for you.

5) Visited family

6) MC'd a Music Competition at the Korean Language Institute
Not so bad?


















7) Performed in a music competition
Not so good...



















8) Hung out with Gong Shan, or Shan Gong... ? :D
Good times of course!

9) Found a church near Duke that I like.
Found it through the Acts29 network, I've listened to several of the podcasts and I've enjoyed them very much. It's called Summit Church.

10) Considered staying in Korea another couple of months to take advantage of a potential scholarship offering and a neat research opportunity...
Not sure on the details just yet, but I'll keep you posted as more becomes available.

11) Found out that scholar jon is a finalist for the Fulbright!
He might be coming to KOREA!

I think that's it for now. I should really get back to studying for my finals next week. :\ I think I hate the quarter system.
 

This Post has 1 Comment

3/08/2008 12:35 AM

Congrats to you on Duke, and congrats to Jon on Fulbright. I know I picked the right friends. Smarter by osmosis...

:)


Post a Comment

Older Post Newer Post

Search