the road less traveled - a story i'd read

i figure in a day and time saturated with crappy reality shows, my life is as good as any... here goes.
No Comment Labels: , , , ,
Where do I start? Well after posting the last six or so blogs in a span of 20 hours or so, it feels like I’m behind the curve. So quite a bit has happened since Monday when I arrived. I’ve met quite a few new friends through the i-House (Yonsei’s International Dorm) and feel like I’ve completed half first mission: meet enough foreign friends that I have a support system, the other half being to not have so many foreign friends or not hang out with them so much that I use them as a crutch or excuse not to fully immerse myself in Korea. The second part of this goal came swiftly and with what I can only describe as divine intervention! :D To make a crazy long story short, this afternoon I moved into a boarding house in the middle of shin-chon. It ca be best described as "in the action" I'm on the fourth floor and have my own room. (see pics below)



>

On other notes, I've been accepted to Yonsei's Korean Language Institutes, Intensive Language program which consists of four hour classes five days a week!  Pretty crazy times.  I also spoke with my friend in Hong Kong the other day, he's doing well, adapting and beating jet lag!  I'm planning to visit both he and our mutual friend in Japan in early November.  I feel like there are so many things to write about and not enough time to write them all.


On a personal note, the first several days here in Seoul, have been quite dissimilar than that of DC.  I recall feeling a total lack of time and always hurried during the first several weeks of DC.  Speaking with Tracey one day, I told her that one of the greatest challenges I had in DC was the lack of time to reflect and be contemplative.  Seoul seems to be a late starting city, well at least it is if you don't have a job, don't have school, and stay out till 3 or 4 in the morning at the noh-reh-bongs (korean karaoke places).







 Seeing as I tend to be an early riser anyways, I feel like I'm going to have plenty of time read and do my usual "thinking" in the mornings.


Something I haven't seen yet: joggers?

 

This Post has No Comment

Post a Comment

Older Post Newer Post

Search