the road less traveled - a story i'd read

i figure in a day and time saturated with crappy reality shows, my life is as good as any... here goes.
No Comment Labels: , , ,


It's been another great couple of days, lots going on not only with Korea but with law school too.  I spent all of yesterday hanging out with my aunt, her husband, and my cousin hong-won in Kunsan where I was born.  Although I didn't get a chance to visit the infamous St. Vincent's Hospital because it was raining, I'll probably go back in a couple of weeks to check out some more of the sights and sounds.  My aunt and uncle own and operate a chinese language school that teaches to korean natives, from what I hear right now it's pretty trendy to learn chinese and then study over there.  She's offered to teach me chinese, might have to take her up on it.. then again I suppose I should wait and see how my korean progresses.. (on a side note, I just figured out how to reconfigure my blogger to english.. whew! bout time!)  

suwon
So suwon was quite the experience, we went to the korean costco which was cool.  It was quite the place, there was more free food than you could sample and every department had what sounded like an auctioneer.  The person would yell out discounts and people would swarm in like flies to buy whatever it was that was the blue-light special of the moment.  The sea food section was quite... different and extravagant and the sushi.. ummm well I think that I need an entire blog just for that.. but don't worry I'll update it.  Other than that, I couldn't get over the fact that my cousin was such a good look'n kid.



























salesmen around the world
So my laundry's done and now I'm getting ready to head to Yonsei and have my final check out.  I also got a handphone yesterday, the number I'm still not quite sure of because it hasn't been activated.  I'm amazed to see that some things are pretty "international" like the fact that wherever you go, many salesmen still "bend" the truth.  So my aunt is helping me buy the handphone yesterday and she asks the salesman why the phone is free?  He starts telling her about the way it works and how the phone company provides a kick-back.  At some point he tells her that this is the best deal ever and that he wouldn't lie.  When he glances at me, I kind of grin and told him "all salesmen are liars."  He pauses for a moment and then laughs.  He agreed but said that his strong consciounce wouldn't let him do it. (riiiight, these are the ones you really have to be careful for).  So he tells us that we'll receive a phone call around 8PM that will give us instructions on activating the phone.  --> Come 8:30 my aunt calls and he says it's not going to be activated but to wait until today and give him a call.  I'll skip the part where he didn't apologize and then told my aunt to return the phone if she wasn't happy.  So I just had my friend come over and call.. the guy said he was too busy and to call back .

law school 102
So today I'll submit most of my law school apps.  It's a weird feeling and I know there's not much I can do at this point.. what's done is done.  I had a good chat conversation yesterday with a long time friend I really don't talk to all that much anymore.. But it was good.  She told me how she's an over-analyzer (most of you know that's me in a nutshell) and that she has a hard time "letting-go."  I told her that I'm always working on the same issue and that for me, I've found that if I focus hard enough then I'm able to overanalyze the things that warrent that type of thing and let go the things that don't. "sounds like you're well on your way then," she replied.  "Only every other day," I replied .  Well maybe I'll try to make this a good day.  I already had amazing qt this morning, an enjoyable conversation about fan blades and frogs, ate breakfast, did laundry and now I'm heading out to school.  I think my goal for today is to get all the applications finished up, and forget about it.  I mean I could always go out and drink so much I forget I even applied to law school.. but then who'd clean the sheets?
 

This Post has No Comment

Post a Comment

Older Post Newer Post

Search