the road less traveled - a story i'd read

i figure in a day and time saturated with crappy reality shows, my life is as good as any... here goes.
2 comments Labels: ,
So the first decision is in.  As mentioned before, I received an invitation from Duke Law to apply using their "fast track" process.  In essence, a program designed to help them encourage possible applicants to apply and get a non-binding decision with 7-10 business days... 

I spoke with my advisor Kathy about it and she said that in her experience, Duke was a tremendous law school and was on par with Stanford.  She mentioned that one reason it doesn't get as much credit is because it's a Southern school, and something about the stigma of not being in New England or DC.  In either instance, I researched it and they have several amazing programs.  I received the email this morning:


While I'm still waiting to hear back from my "fantasy" schools, I must admit I feel that Duke is one of the strongest schools in the nation and I am happy to have them as an option.

I'll keep you posted!
 

This Post has 2 Comments

9/21/2007 3:55 AM

Wow! Congrats buddy. Im excited to see what you do! :)



10/01/2007 2:57 PM

Heck yes yellow bear!!! Was this your first official acceptance letter? I guess you are official no longer TOO cool for school....

I hope to read the trilogy of blogs soon, but unfortunately, I don't have any time for novel reading at the moment.

LOL, talk to you soon.
Kate


Post a Comment

Older Post Newer Post

Search