the road less traveled - a story i'd read

i figure in a day and time saturated with crappy reality shows, my life is as good as any... here goes.
1 comments Labels: , , , , ,

So I was recently told that I haven't put much up here about Korea and that some of you are feeling neglected.  My fault, I suppose I was thinking I needed to make the blogs meaningful and impactful.. but hey, like I wrote in my title, what's the alternative to my blog? crappy reality tv.  Nuff said.  So big cultural experience this week was going to Seoul World Cup Stadium to watch the U-17 World Cup Final, Spain v. Nigeria.  (For those of you unfamiliar with FIFA terminology U-17 is the under 18 division, it is likely that most of these young players will be in future World Cups).  It was quite an experience, the stadium is massive and seat almost 70,000 people.  When we got there the riot police made their presence very known.  Just a guesstimate, but I'd say somewhere around 1000 or so? All with their shields and helmets out.  There was some crazy food too!  Fried worms?! You'd better believe it!  and Joe was right, these people have 오징어 (oh-jing-uh, dried squid) at every event! Needless to say didn't try any grubs that night, but hey, who's to say I won't in the future?  Overall it was a good game, Nigeria won 3-0 in overtime shootout.  

So I decided to start/join a couple other blogs too.  I mean there are people that want to read one type of thing and others that need another.  So this blog will be what it has been me, uncut and slightly filtered.  For others of you who prefer less filter, you know the straight up extra bold, Rwanda Black Bourbon with no room? You'll find it at the skinnyjeans blog.  It's what I'll post random rants and point out stoopit things I see and experience.  Finally for those of you who prefer your doses in smooth double carmel latte 8 pump sugar free skim extra hot (or whatever the hell you call those drinks) along with your nice book and cigar, a few of us, including scholar jon, rockstar, dr. elliott, and kt have joined in on a blog "worthitswords."  Itw will be a compilation of thoughts on different books we're reading or comments on random pieces of literature and art, deeper thoughts on life... you know the kind, "so deep they squeek. You'll find links to these other blogs on the top left of the mrscholar blog home page. 

So why all the blogging? To make money.  Figure if I can get enough people reading this blog daily then I can bombard it with all sorts of random irrelevant google ads and then I'll be a gazillionare and joe and I can move to montana and retire with pimp grandpa.  

Other than that... personal life has been pretty rough lately.  You know the kind where you don't know what to do and everything you could think of holds the same 99% chance of blowing up in your face?  Yea, that's where I'm at.. talked to joe a bit today though and it was encouraging.. I mean sometimes all you can do is hope against hope right?  And as for law school, could hear back from one as early as this week... don't know how I feel about it all... I suppose I'll just have to wait and see.  Until next time...
 

This Post has 1 Comment
Anonymous

9/12/2007 1:58 PM

Dear Korean Rockstar!
I'm a first-time reader and well...I'm glad that you didn't try the fried squid...talk about a crazy culture shock for your internal organs! Yikes! Glad to see you are doing well, minus the rocky personal life...sheesh...Okay mister...you take care...

From that cool blonde chick back at ASU West:)


Post a Comment

Older Post Newer Post

Search