the road less traveled - a story i'd read

i figure in a day and time saturated with crappy reality shows, my life is as good as any... here goes.
No Comment Labels: , , ,
What a day.  It starts with waking up, then not being able to register for a class I wanted.  I get to school to the infamous 4th floor of the New Millennium Hall building and I'm told I can't register for this particular class because I'm a direct exchange student.  And although I have all the rights and privileges of a full Yonsei student... enrolling in this particular class is not one of them.  Fine, I'm okay with that... problem is I'm only left with a handful of classes to choose from.  Generally not that big of a deal, except my intensive Korean class conflicts with all but three.  Hmmm so I close my eyes and pick one.  It's a good day though, I mean it's low 70's out, I'm wearing a t-shirt and shorts and I'm still sweating?  Rewind to this morning:  good thing, I spoke with Laney this morning, he's studying in Hong Kong this semester, we started our preliminary plans for Japan the first weekend in November.  He's also got the hookup on a ton of just cool gadgets, that's good.  He's gonna hook me up.  Fast forward back to school..  So it's 2:00PM and I'm standing around without a class to go to.  That's okay, lunch time!  So I decided to get some more korean food for cheap.  And while I'm eating this mosquito starts buzzing around me... bastard.  So I swat at it a few times... It just won't leave me alone!  Of course, as if buzzing around my head wasn't enough, it start flying over my food.. taunting me.  Then it came to me... it was like a lighting bolt through my brain!  I looked down in my hand and of course I was holding chopsticks.  "Time to get all Mr. Miyagi style on this bad boy," I think to myself.  Of course I didn't think I'd actually catch the thing... but of course I do... So now I'm starring at my chopsticks that have a dead mosquito on them.  I glance back down at my bowl, which is still full of cheap food.  Then I noticed that the tray / utensil station was pretty far away and I really didn't want to walk all the way over for new chopsticks.  
Looking down at my bowl, I think "hmmm the soup is pretty spicy.  I mean there's got to be some kind of precedent for sterilizing in hot soup?"  So I wipe the mosquito on the tray and go back to eating... Then I realize, this is the kind of story people just don't believe.  Hmmm, I decided to take a picture of the mosquito on the tray.



So I sent out an additional three law school apps.  The wait is on, should hear back from one of them in the next two weeks.  So I'm loaded up with 15 credits, I should really have been studying but instead I've been working on blogs all day.  Learning how to add little cool things to them... So now my blog looks cool, I'm working on another blog with some friends, which also looks cool and I haven't studied at all. :D It's all good.. I don't have class until 4:00PM tomorrow, I'll write today off to one last day of relaxing before I jump into school...
 

This Post has No Comment

Post a Comment

Older Post Newer Post

Search