the road less traveled - a story i'd read

i figure in a day and time saturated with crappy reality shows, my life is as good as any... here goes.
No Comment Labels:
So I've been working on my law school applications for the greater part of the day.  And I've reached the moment of truth.  Actually, during this process there will be several moments of truth as several of the applications cannot be submitted for another week or two.  But what I'm saying is that for five of my applications, I've reached the moment of truth.  Well actually, I suppose one could argue that the real moment of truth is when the response letter comes in the mail and there's that tension before you open it up.  So I suppose what I'm really trying to say is... I needed a freakn break!  As I took out my credit card to pay the $300 in application fees and LSDAS report fees I've racked up so far, I noticed my palms were a bit moist.  (Granted the fact that the soundtrack to the opening battle scene from Gladiator is playing in the background might not be helping much! and Yes, I put the application fees on my credit card.  On my Starwood American Express to be perfectly honest.  I figure I might as well get the 300 points toward the 12,000 I need to stay in a hotel for a night!)  

Okay, so I'm taking a break.  Actually, I'm still sitting here in front of my computer.. but now I'm blogging... and filling out other forms.  But at least my.. scratch that.. my palms are still moist. (Moist; it's such a good word isn't it.. different.  Hmmm makes me think of ... law school)  Everything makes me think of law school.  So I finally got my Korean handphone activated, and my first thought?  "Hmmm.. I wonder if I should list this number on my applications" [shaking head].  So... law school.  

I might as well hurry up and get the first five applications out so that I can wait until April or May to get a decision... While I'll keep the blog updated as to the goings on with my application there also a pretty cool website to check out called lawschoolnumbers.com.  It's a database maintained by law school applicants where you can plot neato charts and uselessly compare yourself to the tens of thousands of other applicants who are listening to Gladiator with moist hands... Oh well... maybe we can all save money on hand lotion.
 

This Post has No Comment

Post a Comment

Older Post Newer Post

Search